For your coffee van fit out, you have the option of hiring a company providing fit out service or you can work on it yourself. Either is possible, but the first option is highly recommended. It is for business use, so you need to make sure everything will work fine.
Experts are highly reliable in making sure that everything you need to operate your coffee outlet will be installed properly. There are technicalities that only experts can perform; with that, you should not take the risk and build it yourself just for the purpose of saving money.
What to look for in a coffee van fit out?
- Unique – The more unique your coffee van is, the more attractive it is.
- Durable – Make sure that your fit out is durable enough to stand traffic and usual usage, refrigerated storage and benches, to name a few.
- Warranty – Make sure that your fit out, appliances and furniture are complete with warranty.
- Multifunctional – Best to choose appliances and furniture that have multiple functionalities, like a countertop that can be converted to a set of table and chairs. This can help you maximise space, especially that a coffee van is typically not spacious.
- Affordability – It is always best if you consider affordability to anything you purchase for your business. You would not want to invest in a branded, expensive coffee maker if there are more affordable options.
Below are few of the most usual fit of use in a coffee van:
- Storage fridge (can be customised according to what your business requires)
- Walls dividing the cargo area and servery (optional but highly advised to keep your stocks secured)
- Hand wash sink (for the sink you have the option of considering tempered water)
- Lighting (to be installed inside and outside of the van for night time operation)
- Dry storage shelves
- Water tank
- Hot water system
- Microwave oven (if you are serving pastries or other food options)
- Tables and chairs (if you are considering dine in)